There are several reasons why cosmetic surgery should be more accepted:
- Personal empowerment: Cosmetic surgery can help individuals feel more confident and empowered in their appearance, which can improve their overall quality of life. This can lead to improved self-esteem, better relationships, and increased success in both personal and professional endeavours.
- Body positivity: Acceptance of cosmetic surgery can be seen as a form of body positivity, where individuals are able to make choices about their own bodies without fear of judgment or stigma. This can help promote a culture of self-acceptance and body positivity for all individuals.
- Improved mental health: Cosmetic surgery can also have positive effects on mental health, especially for those who suffer from body dysmorphia or other body image issues. By addressing physical concerns, individuals may be able to reduce feelings of anxiety or depression related to their appearance.
- Medical benefits: In some cases, cosmetic surgery can also provide medical benefits beyond improving appearance. For example, breast reduction surgery can alleviate back pain, and rhinoplasty can improve breathing difficulties.
- Equal access: Greater acceptance of cosmetic surgery can also help promote equal access to these procedures for individuals of all backgrounds and socioeconomic statuses, rather than limiting them to only the wealthy or privileged.
Overall, acceptance of cosmetic surgery as a valid and beneficial option can lead to greater personal empowerment, improved mental health, and a more inclusive and accepting society.